Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Chicken Bacon Ranch Biscuits

So I know there has been an influx of biscuit recipes on here, but let's be honest you don't care, you love biscuits and so do I. Lately I have been drained of all energy and just feeling, well, blaaahhh. We have all been there, but sometimes instead of stewing in it you have to push yourself through the cloud of monotony and pick yourself up again. How? Usually with bacon, cheese and biscuit bakes. Mmmm here we go:



Ingredients:
  • 1(about 12 oz) large chicken breast cut into chunks and cooked.
  • 3 strips of bacon cut into bits and fried.
  • 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 tsps dry ranch dressing
  • 1 tsp dry ranch and 2 tsp parmesan mixed and set aside.
  • 1 can biscuits
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
When it comes to song writers who have touched my heart deeply and dearly, I am a devotee to their works. Since I was in a crummy mood earlier I needed a little pick me up from my good friend Joanna Newsom. I rank her right up their with Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell and Tom Waits, a few other lyricists that always exceeded the english language to something a whole lot more eloquent and beautiful. I know most of my friends/followers have already heard this one but it's always nice to revisit the things that make us smile or made us smile at one point. This song is an oldie but always a sweet goodie:

 


Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a bowl combine cooked chicken, bacon, cheese, and your 2 tsps of ranch.
  3. Take each biscuit and split carefully in half, stuff them, then seal then back up. Place them in a greased 9 inch pie pan seal side up.
  4. Once all biscuits are in the pan spread your olive oil over the top of them and then sprinkle with your reserved parm and ranch mix.
  5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
  6. Serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment