Saturday, August 29, 2015

Peach Lemon Drop

It's the weekend and the husband and I have little to nothing planned. This is the first weekend in a while where we won't be running all over town doing this and that, no, we're going to the farmers market up north and then doing nothing. Sometimes we take Saturday and Sunday and try to just shove everything to do into the day, but weekends are meant for relaxing, recouping from the week and enjoying having nothing to do. Let's kick our feet up and enjoy our home with a nice cocktail and each other's company, wouldn't that be grand?

This is a for crap photo, the excitement got to me and I just didn't care


Ingredients (makes for 1 cocktail):
  • 2 shots vodka
  • 2 shots lemon drop mix
  • 1/4 peach
So I just started putting hip hop on my blog, I had reservations before just because I know a lot of people think of every stereotype possible when it comes to this form of music. Lately, I have had to explain to people (A LOT) that hip hop isn't the misogynistic, auto tuned crap you hear on the radio and maybe it's because of the area I live in now but I'd like to TRY and set it straight. It's a true art form and an excellent venue for expression, like all other forms of music it is poetic and you have to dig to get to the good stuff. So if you are a bit curious in getting into hip hop but have no idea where to start, I will show you my first ever introduction into it and the song that made me fall in love:



Directions:
  1. In a martini glass, pour your vodka and lemon drop mix. 
  2. Next, I literally took the quarter of a peach and squeezed with my hands, the juice out of it into my martini. (I love squishing things).
  3. Stir. Serve!

Happy and Safe Drinking Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment