Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Garlic Duck and Lazy Fried Rice


I went home a weekend or two ago to Spokane to visit family. Coming from a family that loves to hunt means I have been spoiled on more than one occasion with the most organic possible meat. Straight from the woods to my plate I feel like a king and feel as though bragging rights are in order. I don't have to worry about what preservatives have been tossed in or where it comes from, I just have to worry about coming across the occasional BB or feather. I'll take the latter any day. 

I tried this recipe because it's the ingredients I had on hand, so sorry there isn't a fancier way I could show you like, duck l'orange or pan seared or duck confit. But this one was good none less and there is more duck in the freezer!




Garlic Duck and Lazy Fried Rice


For Duck:
  • 2lb duck breast cut small and thin
  • 2/3 cup of teriyaki sauce
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Honey
  • 3 cloves garlic slivered long ways
For fried rice:
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 1 cup frozen carrots
  • 1 cup celery diced into small pieces
  • 4 eggs whisked
  • 1 cup white rice
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
Directions:
  1. Marinade your duck breasts for at least an hour in the teriyaki sauce. *duck is gamey, so the longer the marination process the less game taste you will have in the final product.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  3. Place your garlic on each duck breast, then salt and pepper and drizzle very little honey onto each breast.
  4. Place duck in oven for 30 minutes. * note: duck will be red in the middle when done cooking, this is normal for duck.
  5. In a pot cook your white rice according to package.
  6. In a saute pan fry your veggies in the coconut oil until soft. Then add your whisked eggs and mix until egg is done.
  7. When rice is done, drain of any extra water then place in the saute pan with veggies and mix.
  8. Next add your soy sauce, mix well and cook on high until rice has a light brown tint in places.
  9. Serve fried rice and duck together and enjoy!
Do I have to tell you how good this was? Because it was... VERY. Duck can be found usually through special orders at your local butcher shop. Again I am spoiled because I have two sources for duck, the woods and the farmer's market, though farmer's market duck wont be as tough. Anyway, hope you find this useful and happy eatings!

No comments:

Post a Comment