Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Bread

I was searching for a recipe that would use a whole pint of my pumpkin puree, just so I don't feel obligated to put pumpkin into every dish I make. I found this recipe for a pumpkin bread that sounded perfect for breakfast this past weekend. So I decided to give it whirl. It was ok, she says that you can make 2 regular loafs from the recipe and that it would take 45 minutes to bake. 80 minutes and counting they still turned out dense. I don't know, maybe it was my puree? But they were still tasty and could still be eaten, I put a little cream cheese and apple butter on top and it was to die for! I made a few changes to this recipe because, that's what I do. Here you go:


Ingredients:
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 1 c. canola oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 pint of (16oz) pumpkin puree
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 3 c. flour
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Directions: 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your bread pans.
  2. In a large bowl whisk your sugar oil, vanilla and eggs until well mixed.
  3. Next add your pumpkin puree and mix slowly, while mixing add your water. 
  4. Slowly mix in one cup of flour at a time, until clumps are all gone.
  5. In a small bowl combine your spices, baking soda and salt , then add to your pumpkin mixture. Then pour into your two bread pans evenly.
  6. I put one in at a time for 80 minutes each, keep an eye on them though everybody's oven is different.
  7. Take out and let cool for an hour.
  8. Serve!
Not all recipes turn out exactly the way you plan, but it's ok, we move on to the next one another day. I still enjoyed this very much and I hope you can make it turn out less dense than mine did. No complaints in the tummy satisfaction department though! Happy Eatings!





No comments:

Post a Comment