Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spaghetti Squash Carbonara


As I sit in my living room watching reruns of 30 Rock and hoping for the rain to let up before I have to leave. There's the scent of squash baking in the air. I must say I have come to realize that I am obsessed with food. I love cooking it. I love smelling it. I love looking at it. It is a passion of mine. While patting myself on the back for actually keeping up with this blog idea that I had a few months ago, I grow excited for the recipe I am sharing:


Spaghetti Squash Carbonara

Ingredients:
  • 1 spaghetti squash, roasted 
  • 5 strips of bacon
  • 4 garlic cloves, sliced
  • 1/4 cup sliced scallions chopped (extra for toppings)
  • 1 tsp white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup bacon fat
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2-4 poached eggs
Look at this beauty!


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 
  2. Cut squash in half and remove the strings and seeds. Place open face down on a cookie sheet and  cook for 45 minutes.
  3. In a large frying pan fry up bacon (the crispier the better, trust me). When done place to the side and cut into pieces when cooled.
  4. In the same pan that you cooked the bacon, fry your garlic (being careful it can burn easy!) 
  5. Then add 3 cups of your squash to the pan and cover it with the garlic and fat. Add your scallions and bacon bits.
  6. Crack an egg into a small cup.
  7. In a medium pot boiling with water half way up and your vinegar add your egg slowly. Cook for about 2 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon. 
Try this. I mean it. It's delicious and its easier than it looks. Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment