Monday, March 24, 2014

Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce

Let's talk about this obsession with pinterest. Pin, pin, pin.  When do we really stop and try these DIY cheats or try those recipes that make us drool just by the pictures? I have tried over 55 recipes thus far off of pinterest and I have only hit a few duds (5-7)  but here's one I have seen on almost everyone's food board, I did not follow the salmon recipe they had because I already have a pretty secure and trustworthy recipe for it. But the cream sauce wasssss amazing (I made the salmon with white rice and a salad) :


Salmon with Creamy Sriracha Sauce

Ingredients for Sauce:
  • 1 1/2 tbsp of condensed sweetened milk
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 2 tablespoons Sriracha
Ingredients for Salmon:
  • 1lb  Salmon fillets
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
  • dash of ground ginger
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • sesame seeds to top salmon
Directions:
  • Whisk together soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar and ginger, and pour into a small baking pan. Placing salmon fillets pink side down marinade in pan for about a half hour.
  • In a small bowl mix together your sauce ingredients and place in fridge until salmon is ready. 
  • Preheat oven to 450. 
  • Flip the salmon so the skin is facing down now and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
  • When salmon is done sprinkle some sesame seeds on them and then add your sauce to the top. 
  • Serve!

Believe me when I say that the condensed milk does not make this sauce taste weird (I must say I was a little put off by the whole idea). Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment