Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Asian Cabbage Rolls


I was feeling ambitious the other day and decided to try my hand at a delightful recipe I found a while ago but never tried due to the longer process. But I rolled up my sleeves and went at it. These cabbage rolls are a smart way to cut calories and are delicious. I think I deserve a pat on the back for taking these on after a 9 1/2 hour work day. Yay me!



Asian Cabbage Rolls


Ingredients:
  • 1 small head of napa cabbage
  • 1 lb of beef or ground pork uncooked
  • 2 carrots (shredded)
  • 1 cup cooked brown rice 
  • 4-5 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 2 tbsp ginger (minced)
  • 2 stalks green onion diced
  • 1 small onion (diced)
  • 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
  • 2 tsp hoison sauce
  • salt and pepper
  • chili sauce for topping or whatever you may prefer
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl mix all ingredients minus cabbage together.
  3. In a large skillet boil water and place large leaves in for two minutes at a time until soft. Use tongs to remove leaves and let cool on a cutting board.
  4. Place about a 1/3-1/2 cup of beef mixture a couple inches away from the leafy end of cabbage leaves, fold over leaf end over mixture and continue to roll. I made about 12 rolls with all my ingredients.
      5.  Place tightly in a 9x12 baking pan add a cup of water and bake for 30-35 minutes.
      6.  Place your sauce of choice on top and eat up!

Happy Eatings everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment