Friday, March 14, 2014

French Lentil Salad

I have heard of so many meatless meals, the one that never caught my eye was 'salad for dinner'. 'That's not dinner,' I would tell myself, but within the last few year I have come to realize that salad doesn't necessarily mean, lettuce and tomato with *enter dressing here*. It can be so much more hearty and can be so much more nutritious than that. Lentils and quinoa are my favorite 'salad for dinner' ingredients they are packed full of nutrients and are hearty as hell. This one filled me up quick, I hope you enjoy it:



French Lentil Salad

*This recipe makes for a family of 4 easy (did not realize that)

Ingredients:
  • 1lb shredded brussell sprouts
  • 1 large purple onion diced
  • 1 large sweet potato or yam, peel and cubed
  • 1 cup french lentils
  • Balsamic Vinaigrette and Olive Oil for dressing
  • 2 tbsp Olive Oil
  • 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • Salt to taste
  • Cracked pepper
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. In a large pot cook lentils until soft (about 20 minutes) then toss 2 tbsp vinaigrette.
  3. In a bowl toss 2 tbsp olive oil and salt with potato and onion. Then spread mixture on an oiled cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, flipping them at 15.
  4. While baking is happening you can shred your brussel sprouts, I found it easiest to cut the hard end off and then pull the leaves off from the bottom.
  5. Toss brussel sprouts and lentils together. When the potato and onion are done baking add them as well.
  6. Serve with a vinaigrette and olive oil dressing and some cracked pepper.
Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment