Monday, March 3, 2014

Biscuit Breakfast Bombs

Making breakfast or brunch for a crowd can be a stressful way to start off your day unless you have help. I know because I've done it, I sat down and barely ate afterwards, instead I just sipped on mimosas until guests left and then took long, leisurely nap. This time I am trial testing it. These seemed pretty simple to make and I love anything that involves just popping it in the oven, it allows for a breather. Anyway here they are, I hope you enjoy them!


Ingredients:
  • 6 biscuits
  • 2 slices of bacon (cooked and cut into pieces)
  • 3 eggs scrambled and salted to taste
  • 6 cheese slices
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tbsp. water
  • Fresh ground pepper
Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. Flatten the biscuits with your hands and knead until flatten but not too thin.
  3. Top each biscuit with a tablespoon of cooked egg, a few pieces of bacon and 1 slice of cheese.
  4. Pull up on each corner to form into a ball, pressing together at the seam so ingredients don't fall out.
  5. Place in greased muffin tins.
  6. Lightly whisk water into egg yolk and brush over each muffin and grind pepper on top to taste.
  7. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
  8. Let cool on baking rack and serve warm.

These were really simple to make. I only used a half slice of cheese for each and thought it was too little (I like it cheesy). Another tip I have to give is to cook for the whole 15 minutes, I only did 13 and i felt the insides were a bit underdone, not quite doughy or anything but I like my biscuits flaky.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know, Great Grandma used to to make homemade biscuits? as a small child, I use to go over to her house on Main st oh man i miss her cooking . . but this recipe i will try to make it later in the week i am going to make only half the recipe. unless I can freeze it as for when i want one i can grab it from the freezer and microwave it .???

    ReplyDelete