Saturday, November 15, 2014

Honey and Lime Sweet Potato Tacos

It has been a particularly long week, what with working late and just being physically exhausted every time I come home, I have been leaving dinner up to the husband. Already this week he's made sticky drumsticks, chili and brought home a pizza. What a lucky girl I am. However, I did get to sneak in a few recipes of my own and try to make something delicious with the little energy that I have had by the end of each day. I found out this week, that if you want to make something really easy vegetarian dishes are among the easiest to make. This vegetarian recipe falls right into the 'easy' category, and I hope you enjoy it to the last bite!


Ingredients:
  • 3 small yams or sweet potatoes
  • 1 cup corn
  • 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
  • 1 yellow onion diced
  • 2 cloves garlic roughly cut
  • 1/4 tsp coriander
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 lime cut in half and seeds removed
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • feta
  • cilantro
  • flour or corn tortilla (I use a blue corn and flax seed tortilla)

It has been freezing here and I love it! All my sweaters and scarves finally get the time and attention they deserve! Another thing that deserves your attention is this band right here. You may recognize the voices from the theme song to True Detective, a show that surpassed any other show that aired it's first season in 2014.

Directions:
  1. Wash and peel your potatoes.
  2. In a large microwave safe dish, place about a cup of water at the bottom. Then microwave your sweet potatoes until you can easily poke them with a fork (about 8-10 minutes, I flip them over about 4 minutes into it, be careful they will be hot). Let them cool once they are finished.
  3. In a large skillet, fry up your onion and garlic until the onion is soft and translucent. Then add your beans and corn. 
  4. Next add all of your spices to the beans.
  5. When potatoes are done cooling cut them into cubes and add it the beans.
  6. Add your honey and squeeze the juice of the lime out over the top. Mix well.
  7. Place mixture on your tortillas, top with feta and cilantro and serve!

Happy Eatings Everyone! And happy sweater weather to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment