Sunday, November 23, 2014

Polenta and Chorizo Breakfast

Ah! Can you believe Thanksgiving is only three days away!  Trust me you'll be receiving a doozy of a recipe post for that wonderful day. I am a little saddened that I can't have every single person who I care about in my life in one room to serve a great meal too, but I have a a good group set up this year and I can't complain :) . But before the big feast, I like to make my menu planning simple so I am not burnt out by Thursday (conserving my energy). This recipe was far from a task to make, a one pot, delicious and spicy start to our day today up on the mountain.


Ingredients:

  • 1 lb firm polenta (ready to heat and serve)
  • 1 lb chorizo sausage
  • 4 eggs
  • olive oil
  • shredded mozzarella 
  • 1/8 cup cilantro



Let's go down across the border to Brazil for our tunes this time, a Bossa Nova king a composer we all should dance too:





Directions:
  1. In a large skillet fry up your sausage until browned, place in a separate bowl and set to the side.
  2. In the same skillet and in the remnants of your sausage, crumble and fry up your polenta until heated. 
  3. Next add your sausage again and your cilantro. Divide up and place on separate plates.
  4. Fry up your eggs in the olive oil and place on top of chorizo. Sprinkle mozzarella over the top.  
  5. Serve!

Have a good rest of your Sunday everyone! Happy Eatings!

No comments:

Post a Comment