Sunday, November 9, 2014

Mini Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

I like to think of myself as an imperfect cook. Sure I can make anything taste just as good as the recipe intended but sometimes mistakes happen or you have to substitute or it doesn't look as pretty as the picture. I've started my day off right with Fred Astaire, coffee and some comics and in the oven, some not so pretty but oh so delicious smelling cinnamon rolls (did I mention cat snuggles?). I'm getting a little snuggly myself waiting for some sweets to indulge in, hope you enjoy this one:


Look at this morning. Cool, crisp, beautiful Fall.

Ingredients:
  • 1 can crescent rolls
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Glaze (optional):
  • 4 tbsp powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp maple extract
  • add milk until desired consistency (start small)

Absolutely love this lady, great guitarist and a strong female lead in the rockabilly movement:



Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Layout the crescent rolls without tearing them apart, then pinch the seams together.
  3. Spread your pumpkin pie filling over the rolls.
  4. Next sprinkle brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon evenly over filling.
  5. Then take both ends of one side of the crescent bread and start gently rolling them up. 
  6. Lastly cut roll into 6th's, place on a non stick cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
  7. Serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone! Enjoy your sweet sweet breakfast!



No comments:

Post a Comment