Sunday, November 2, 2014

Pineapple Chicken Salad Sandwich

I am at post 93! When I started this blog, I never thought I would actually become so engrossed in it. I didn't think I was one of those women that goes around talking about their blogs, but alas here I am. I am so happy that I have kept up with this, and I hope you are too! This past year I have really tried to weed out some good recipes for everyone, and my heart sings when people tell me 'Oh I tried your recipe last night!'. The feedback really helps and it really shows that some of you care, it keeps me going.

Moving on, here is a recipe that I didn't think would turn out but much to my surprise it was delicious and, you probably guessed it, easy to make. Let's get started:


Ingredients:
  • 1 package cream cheese 
  • 1/4 cup mayo
  • 1/4 cup green onion (green stem) chopped
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
  • 10 oz crushed pineapple
  • Package of 6-8 croissants

My music break today is a fellow that burrowed his way into my folky heart about 6 years ago and never left. The man is a poet and the master of the ballad, Leonard Cohen. Looking out onto this:


And listening to this:







Directions:
  1. Cut chicken breast down the middle long ways to thin them. In a large skillet fry your chicken, salt and peppering to taste on each side once. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
  2. In a large bowl soften cream cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Then add all other ingredients (besides the chicken).
  3. Next take your chicken and using a fork and knife shred each breast into smaller pieces. Then add it to your pineapple mixture. Combine well.
  4. Take your croissants and cut in half. Scoop chicken onto each sandwich.
  5. Serve!
I loved how simple this tasted and how the pineapple added just the right amount of zing. Happy Eatings Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment