Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Sweet and Spicy Tofu


I am lucky I had enough energy to turn this recipe out, it's been a wild week so far prepping for Thanksgiving and running around like a mad woman, but I never want to scrimp on dinner. It's so easy to fall into bad eating habits when you scrimp, more take-out, more processed, microwavable, instant nastiness. No thank you. So I try to muster up what's left of my energy and produce a healthy and simple meal that will satisfy and nourish, this recipe is super simple and I hope you enjoy it!


Ingredients:

  • 1 block of firm tofu (pressed gently with paper towels to remove excess water)
  • 1/4 cup of cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 2 tbsp of white sesame seeds
  • A small bunch of spring onions chopped

For Sauce:

  • 3 tbsp of honey
  • 2 tsp of soy sauce
  • 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tsp of red chilli flakes
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp of minced garlic
  • 2 tsp of sesame oil
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable or canola oil

Directions:

  1. Cut tofu into small cubes. 
  2. In a large plastic bag toss tofu, cornstarch and salt together until coated.
  3. In a medium bowl mix together your sauce ingredients.
  4. Then fry your cubes in your vegetable oil until browned.
  5. Add your cubes to your bowl and mix well until the tofu is covered in the sauce.
  6. Spinkle with green onion and sesame seeds.
  7. Serve!
    My cooking music, my drinking my wine, cooking some good food, relaxing at the end of the day music. Good ole Miles Davis:



    Well happy eatings everyone!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment