Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Apple and Kale Dinner

How much kale is too much kale? I have been on a kale kick. Kale breakfast bowls. Kale lunch salads. Sauteed Kale for dinner. It's just too good, for EVERYTHING!!! I understand it's a fad or something to eat kale, but what a healthy fad, why wouldn't you want to join? This recipe encapsulates autumn time and everything I love about kale. Allllrrriiigghht, that's 8 times I've said kale now...9 times. I am done and you should enjoy this recipe as much as I did or at least a fraction as much:


Ingredients:
  • 1 bundle kale stalks removed
  • 1 medium onion sliced thinly
  • 1 small apple cored and thinly sliced
  • 2 oz goat cheese
  • 5 slices bacon diced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon 

Directions:
  1. In a skillet fry up bacon and onion until onion is translucent. 
  2. Place kale leaves on top of onion and and cover with a lid, stirring every once and a while so onion and bacon don't burn.
  3. Cook until kale is tender. Salt and pepper to taste and add your cinnamon. Stir well so cinnamon gets distributed throughout. 
  4. Place on plate or in bowl and top with apple slices and crumbled goat cheese.
  5. Serve!
I love cooking with the greats. My favorite jazz vocalists are my companion while I stand over steam, fire and spitting oil. I love it, and I love Rosemary (is is White Christmas time yet?):



Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment