Sunday, March 22, 2015

Buffalo Sliders with Avocado

On those days where you know you are going to busy you need to plan dinner ahead of time, trust me you wont regret it. Get up 10 minutes earlier than you would have and just crockpot! That way when you get home from running around or working you can remember, dinner is done, you don't have to do anything except serve it up and eat.

It seems as though my days of late have been just that, just too busy and I am just too tired to bother with recipes. What with work, errands, adult responsibilities and so on I just can't find the energy. I made grilled cheese and heat up some soup a few nights ago, that's my tell. When inspiration and motivation fail me, I turn to grilled cheese. The most basic of the foods (don't get me wrong, I love a good grilled cheese), there come's a time where I just want something spicier or maybe something that looked like I put a lot of effort into it but really I just dumped it all in my crockpot and voila! insta-dinner.

So I set out on a search for just that. Weeding through pinterest pin after pinterest pin, not quite finding anything or reading reviews of how it may look good but in the taste department it failed, it becomes monotonous. Why should YOU have to weed through the pins when you have me to do it for you? Here you go!


Ingredients:
  • 1.5 lb chicken breast
  • 1 packet dry ranch
  • 1 bottle of Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce. (1/4 set aside)
  • 1 avocado cut into pieces after chicken is done
  • 1 package King Hawaiian Rolls cut in half
Some real musically talented people here and just fun summer listening, turn off your brain and just hangout music, saw them live at a small festival a summer or two ago, couldn't stop dancing and it was such a fun show, we should all know them by now so here are The Avett Brothers. Also... Summertime yet?



Directions:
  1. In a crock pot place your chicken, wing sauce (except 1/4 reserved) and dry ranch. Mix the ranch in so it's not clumpy.
  2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
  3. When done, shred your chicken with a fork and mix in your 1/4 reserved cup of frank's.
  4. Evenly distribute over one half of each roll, and then add your avocado to other half of each roll.
  5. Serve!
See easy. Happy Eatings Everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment