Thursday, March 12, 2015

Simple Ham and Swiss Sliders

Why were these called Cuban in the original recipe? Anyone know? Am I just THAT ignorant to Cuban dishes? Someone let me know, I am at a loss. The confusion I had with the name however did not deter me from making these bad boys, because A) I love dill pickles and B) I love Sliders. It smelled so good in the oven, so drool eventually formed and I needed food ASAP. My stomach is literally growling, grrrrrrrrrwwwllllll. So let's get started!

Wish I had a better pic!


Ingredients:

  • 1 pkg Kings Hawaiian rolls
  • 1/4 lb sliced hams
  • 4 slices swiss cheese
  • sliced dill pickles (as many as your taste buds want)
  • 1/2 tbsp dried minced onion
  • 2 1/2 tbsp butter
  • 1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
So I will admit I have been in a music rut lately, and by rut I mean I just have been enjoying a few albums for a while and just can't get enough of them, well in all honesty I've been listening to this album since high school because it's a best of slash compilation album, and the artists were The Andrew Sisters. As a former choir nerd, The Andrew Sisters are just the total package, plus the era of which their music comes is one of my favorites to study and read about; something most people don't know is that back when Big Band music was in popular demand the majority of orchestras and bands playing the genre resented singers breaking into it because they stole the spot light from the instrumental solos by mimicking (mainly brass) instruments with their voices, so here's Rum and Coca Cola, a 'Hello Sun' favorite of mine:



Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325
  2. Cut rolls in half and place bottom half in greased baking pan.
  3. Place ham, pickle, and swiss then other half of rolls on top of bottom half.
  4. Heat up in microwave and mix together butter, mustard and onion. Then pour it over the top of sliders.
  5. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
  6. Serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment