Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pesto Quinoa with Spinach

My routine in the kitchen is to make a weekly meal plan, find recipes for each day and make a grocery list for them, I try to budget to 50 dollars or less a week but I find it hard to keep to the budget when the husband finds random (not on the list) stuff to put in our cart. I never stop him because it's usually hummus or salsa and I can't resist them because they're my favorite snacks. 

Anyway, last grocery trip I went without the husby and found it a lot easier to stick to the list and budget, my total was more around 45 dollars (fist pump)! I can't wait to have my own regular sized fridge again, because somehow shopping for the entire month comes out cheaper, of course I still buy produce weekly but I have come to find out that my grocery bill will never be that dirt cheap girl's bill that astonishes you when you read it because the quality of products I try to stick too are higher than the boxed, canned and processed crap most grocery stores try to get you to buy, which leads me to my recipe!



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 5 tbsps basil pesto
  • 1/2 cup parmesan
  • 5 cup raw spinach
  • 1/2 cup chopped cashews
Went record shopping this weekend and found a wonderful live album of Joe Cocker, so excited it was his first ever recored and now it's added to our collection. I love Cocker's vocals, he was a powerhouse of emotion and making already popular songs not only his own but sometimes better. Featured on this album is his version of Let's Go Get Stoned, a song made most popular by Ray Charles but here's Joe's version, can't get enough of that voice!



Directions:
  1. Add your spinach to a bowl, then add your cooked quinoa (while it's still hot) on top and stir. This will cause the spinach to wilt a little but still give you that fresh taste.
  2. Next stir your pesto in until quinoa is evenly coated. Then your parm and cashews.
  3. Serve!

Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment