Sunday, March 22, 2015

Lamb Pita Pizza

Crunch your teeth into this crispy and light pizza! A lot of people don't care for lamb but I love it, I would almost choose it over ground beef but beef is a lot more versatile. For all those lamb lovers out there though, this is the recipe for you, I cannot express enough how delicious these were. The minute I bit into them I knew they were going to be one of those 'crave it all the time' dishes that I can't get enough of and will work to perfect through the years. One thing I did change from the original recipe was the type of olives I used, would kalamata olives been better? I am sure, but they were also 5 dollars a jar and I'm a penny pincher. So I went with plain black olives and guess what? they were worked just as well. I also forgot the mint! Oh well I'll try it next time!


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 red onion cut into long thin pieces
  • 1/2 olives cut in half
  • 1 lb ground lamb
  • 2 tsp cumin 
  • 2 tsp basil
  • 7 oz feta
  • 1 tsp zest of a lemon
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 4-5 pitas about 6 inches wide
Driving with this lady in a pale light makes me feel all the goosebumps. Angel Olsen is one of those artists I couldn't help but fall in love with, she's got a sweet and unique voice harkening back to the stylings of Patti Smith but making her own softer stamp on the genre or maybe not and that's just what I think of when I am listening to her. Alas, I love her and I hope you hop on the Angel train too:

 


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Mix together your water, lemon, feta, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp basil, set aside.
  3. In a skillet, brown your lamb in the olive oil and season with 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp basil. Drain and set aside. 
  4. In the same skillet take your pitas and slightly brown them on each side (about 2 minutes each side on medium heat).
  5. Once pitas are done, place them on cookie sheets. Evenly distribute your feta mix onto each pita. Then sprinkle an even amount of lamb on top. Add your onion and olives over the top.
  6. Bake for about 10-15 minutes. (If you want you can sprinkle fresh mint onto the pitas after they are done in the oven)
  7. Serve!
Drooling yet? Happy Eatings Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment