Saturday, March 7, 2015

Chai Tea Cookies

One of my least favorite things about baking is that there are some processes that just seem like they drone on and on. Who has time to be so delicate and patient!? These cookies were one of those recipes,  I just skipped the parts that were for purely aesthetic reasons because I don't care if my cookies are pretty I care if they're tasty. I also just don't think I need to roll them up into parchment paper, freeze them, then slowly cut them so they have a perfect circular shape, that's a bit too much for me. Making your dough into little cookie patties and putting them in the fridge for 45 minutes works for me, and guess what? they turned out so tasty, my husband and I ate the whole dozen in less than 24 hours. Take that long winded directions!


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour 
  • 1/4 cup sugar 
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar 
  • 2 chai tea bags ripped open (I used Bigelow Vanilla Chai, I really think any flavored chai would work)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt 
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
It's sunny and I'm in a good mood, The Shangri Las also put me in a sunshine good mood, so here you go, enjoy this live performance from 1965:



Directions:
  1. In a bowl mix together your ingredients until dough is formed (will be a little crumbly).
  2. Next form about 2 inch large cookie 'patties'. Place on a plate and refrigerate for about 45 minutes to an hour. 
  3. Preheat oven to 375.
  4. Place cookies on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned. 
  5. Let cool, then serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment