Tuesday, March 31, 2015

BBQ Portobello Burger with Slaw

Let me, just for the record, state that burgers are probably one of my favorite foods. Along with millions of other people on this green earth, burgers have helped me through hangovers, comforted me when I don't feel like cooking, motivated me TO cook, and to top it all off they have this superhero quality of always making me happy and never leaving me with an ounce of regret. I love burgers. Bean burgers, chicken burgers, beef burgers, mushroom burgers and quinoa burgers. Gimme.



Ingredients:
  • 2 large Portobellos caps
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 hamburger buns of choice
  • 1/2 red cabbage head diced
  • gouda sliced (about 3 small pieces per cap)
  • 3 tsp of choice BBQ rub
  • 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp mustard
  • 1/4 cup mayo
  • 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1 clove of diced garlic
  • S&P to taste
Get this song out of my head! No wait! Don't! What a marvelous gospel singer Mahalia was, her pipes could beat out anyone else's pipes and those swinging rhythms get your dancin'. Queen of Gospel indeed, so here's one for the books everyone!



Directions:
  1. In a medium sized bowl, place your diced cabbage. Separately in a small bowl mix together, 1/2 cup BBQ, mayo, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over cabbage and stir until cabbage is coated. Set aside
  2. In a large skillet fry your mushroom caps in your oil on medium heat. Cover (flip every 2 minutes or so until caps are soft).
  3. When caps are soft sprinkle BBQ rub onto both sides of each cap, then place cheese slices on fan side. Cover and let sit for about one minute or until cheese is melted.
  4. When cheese is melted, add 3 tsp of BBQ sauce to the caps evenly. Place on your bun.
  5. Top with cabbage slaw and serve!

Oh lordy, everyone enjoy this delicious doozy of a recipe. Along with your Mahalia, you should have a pretty good night! Happy eatings everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment