Thursday, October 9, 2014

Eggnog Dessert Bread

I've been trying to fill my days with applications to places but find when you get up at 7 and just head straight into it, by 9 you start to see double on the career websites. So I clean, but there's only so much cleaning I can do in our little place. So I move on to baking. I've been practicing and the results may not be as pretty as other people's endeavors but I'll tell you that it probably tastes just as good! So I spent the afternoon baking some preemptive holiday cheer (the husband found egg nog the last grocery trip). And though not everyone likes egg nog, this bread seriously only has a hint of egg nog flavor, the vanilla and nutmeg stand out the most. Anyway, here you are!


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 2 tsp of vanilla (mine was infused with bourbon cuz I'm fancy)



Another overlooked artist of the 70's, Big Star is a band I find listening too more often than not, their album '#1'  is too good to overlook, please enjoy this little diddly while you mix up your egg nog magic.


Glaze:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 3 tbsp milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla




Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9X5X3 bread pan.
  2. In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients, then create a crater in the middle.
  3. In a small bowl combine your egg, vanilla and butter, whisk well. Then pour into larger bowl's crater.
  4. Combine until a little lumpy. Then pour into greased pan.
  5. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until knife is clean after removing it from middle of the bread.
  6. Cool on cooling rack. 
  7. While bread cools combine glaze ingredients and mix until lumps are gone.
  8. Pour glaze onto bread once cooled down.
  9. Serve!
Hope you enjoy this early piece of the holiday season! Happy Eatings Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment