Friday, October 17, 2014

Easy BLT Salad

I am about to watch the movie Saw. Ugh. I usually don't go for the torturous 'cut 'em up' horror films. But in the spirit of the Halloween season I will give it a chance, especially since I trust my friend Peter's taste in the horror department. If this makes me want to hurl I know where you live PETER! Anyway let's get down to the food business. A little less scary than our showing for tonight is this really delicious salad the husband and I just consumed! OM NOM!


Ingredients:
  • 1 avocado
  • 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
  • 1 cup sweet corn
  • 4 oz feta cheese
  • 12 or so cherry tomatoes cut in half
  • olive oil
  • fresh ground pepper
  • 8 oz spinach
  • 8 oz butter lettuce

 Let's get in the mood for Halloween huh? 




Directions:

  1. In a medium to large bowl toss together the spinach and lettuce. 
  2. Take all the rest of your toppings and sprinkle it over the lettuce. 
  3. Drizzle olive oil lightly over salad and toppings, then grind fresh pepper on it to your liking.
  4. Serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment