Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Deconstructed Egg Roll

It's been quite the week of forgetfulness and running around (and it's only Wednesday!). What with new knowledge being gained and new jobs being embraced and not to mention finally getting settling in our new digs, forgetting things is bound to happen. If you guys didn't know, right now I'm living/cooking off of just a little kitchenette. So basically I have a little fridge and freezer no dishwasher and as for cooking appliances hello hot plate and crockpot. So I have taken it upon myself to look at this hot plate cooking as a challenge for me so yippee! As cooking goes, so far I think it's pretty easy to live without a oven or at least limited access to one. Made this deliciously easy dinner so eat up:


Ingredients:
  • 1 bag of shredded cabbage and carrots (colesaw package) 14 oz
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 medium onion diced
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 4 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • green onion diced for topping
Look outside! Take in the October air, I love this month, it's crisp, fresh and the colors are amazing. I was driving in the morning fog today playing this classic (my fall time singer) and enjoying the trees:





Directions:

  1. In a large frying pan or wok brown your onion and turkey in sesame oil.
  2. In a small bowl combine, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic.
  3. Add your shredded cabbage next, immediately adding bowl of soy sauce after and cook until softened.
  4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Put in a bowl and top with green onions. 
  6. Serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment