Sunday, October 12, 2014

Shrimp on Sriracha Toast Appetizer

Sometimes while perusing Pinterest I find a recipe that I just go...I want that in my face right now. Well I was going through my appetizers recipes and I found one calling out to me 'Put meeee in your faaccceee.' So instead of just passing it up because appetizers aren't dinner, I decided to make it and I regret nothing except that I should have made these for the game, they would have been a great treat. But when it comes to food I want what I want when I want it, so try these out, make them for a party or just to have something a little out of the ordinary for dinner, either way these things are going to satisfy your foodie bellies. (This recipe called for fresh parsley. Since I am not a rabbit and don't care much for garnish I skipped it!)


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter and 1 tbsp butter seperate
  • 2 tablespoons sriracha
  • 2 finely diced cloves of garlic
  • 25-30 shrimp tails removed
  • freshly ground pepper
  • grated parmesan
  • 1 baguette or pre chopped sourdough pieces
The season is upon us where I'm constantly listening to Cat Stevens, Joni Mitchell and Miles Davis. But today is a Joni day (really every day is but you know what I mean) and my favorite album graces  me with it's presence. 'Blue' is by far one of the greatest albums ever created and if you haven't listened to it yet take an afternoon, put your headphones on and lay in the sunshine shining through the window, or curl up in your favorite blanket to watch the rain fall. Take a break and get lost in this album:



Directions:
  1. In a small bowl mix together sriracha, 1/2 cup butter and garlic.
  2. Butter both sides of bread and place on a cookie sheet. Broil until one side is browned. 
  3. In another bowl melt 1 tbsp butter and toss with shrimp until evenly coated.
  4. When bread is done broiling flip each piece and place a piece or two of shrimp on them.
  5. Broil again for less time.
  6. After shrimp side is broiled sprinkle parmesan and ground pepper over the top.
  7. Serve up!
Well whether your entertaining or just serving up a little appetizer as a meal, you will enjoy this! Happy Eatings Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment