Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pistachio Pesto Spaghetti

If you have a blender/food processor, you can make pesto, it's not hard. There I said it. It's easy, it's fast and don't get deterred from that recipe that calls for some delicious pesto! Why are we so afraid of trying something out of our comfort level (well at least I used to be), remember my hollandaise sauce? I know things can be daunting though, so I started small with this pesto, we can make the baby steps together,  I actually got it from BuzzFeed of all places, so let's do this! Of course I added a few little things of my own, but the husband seemed happy so here it is:


Ingredients:
  • 8 oz spaghetti noodles
  • 4 cups frozen broccoli dethawed, 1 of which is set aside
  • 1 cup pistachios, 1/4 of which is set aside
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 grated parmesan
  • Juice from 1 lemon
  • 2 tbsps olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste

It's fun to pretend you can sing as well as David Bowie, even though nothing and no one compares to that man's perfect pitch. He's very nice cooking company, so listen to this jam as you pesto it up:



Direction:
  1. Boil noodles as directed.
  2. In a blender combine, lemon juice, 3/4 cup of pistachios, parmesan garlic, olive oil and your 3 cups of broccoli. Blend well, if too thick slowly add a little water until you reach desired consistency. 
  3. In a large bowl, combine cooked noodles, blended pesto and stir until noodles are coated evenly. Sprinkle saved pistachios and broccoli on top.
  4. Serve!

Happy eatings everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment