Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Super Simple Shrimp Tacos

Alright so I've been really into this new diet thing I call MODERATION. So I balance my super healthy meals with you know bacon bombs or something like mac and cheese, but not all the time, and every week. I like eating clean 90% of the time and peppering it with 10% of comfort, fatty, awesomeness. It keeps your tummy happy and your food soul in tact. I created some simple mainly veggie based tacos that fall into that 90th percentile. Oh gosh, these were damn good, healthy and OH LOOK my food soul is stronger than ever. May I just say, enjoy these little morsels and screw that Taco Bell run.

Oh yeah


Ingredients:
  • 1 green bell pepper diced
  • 1 cup corn
  • 1 avocado diced
  • 1/4 cup shredded carrots
  • 1/2 pound shrimp tails removed
  • 1 tbsp creole seasoning
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • hot sauce or sriracha for seasoning
  • medium sized flour tortillas
  • olive oil

If you can listen to this song, think about someone you love that you also miss due to either distance or death, and NOT cry. YOU'RE A MONSTER! I'm kidding but you should feel something, because this lady did indeed sing the blues, and she did it better than anyone.


Directions:
  1. In a medium size pan fry up shrimp and add in seasoning. Set aside.
  2. In a small fry pan fry up your bell pepper in olive oil and about half way through cooking add your shredded carrot and corn.
  3. When bell pepper is done take your tortillas and add your veggies and shrimp. Sprinkle with cheese and avocado and season with your choice of tabasco or sriracha. (This made 4 medium sized tacos)
  4. Serve 'em up!
Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment